Saturday 9 April 2011

Variation of front cover...

I decided to change the front cover of my magazine slightly just to see what a different version of it would look like, and so I have some options when choosing my final front cover. I chose to do this because I thought some of the colours on my other front cover perhaps looked a bit harsh and not-fitting (the red of the boxes) and it also made the structure and layout of the page look a bit stange because it made the boxes stand out so much. This front cover is a lot more "girly" looking, but it doesn't matter because my target audience is girls, and so they are probably going to be more likely to pick up a magazine with lots of pink and purple colours on it, because they are generally more feminine colours. My teacher commented that perhaps I should change the colour of the background instead of having it just white, but when I tried this out, I didn't think the magazine looked as professional or perhaps glossy. It also didn't look right because the text boxes and the box surrounding the title are white, and these didn't change with the colour of the background, making the whole page look strange and unfinished. I understand what was said about the amount of white on the page though, so I will probably try to fill up some of that space which other doodles/cartoons like the love hearts I already have on the page. Overall, I am not sure which front cover I like best yet, and I may even create another variation of it before I decide on my final one. I also thought that if I am having trouble decided, I could create another survey asking my target audience which of the front covers they preferred, because this will give me an even better understanding of what my target audience are looking for in a magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment