Monday 25 April 2011

Further ideas...

I decided that I was going to leave my magazine construction alone for a few days and then come back to it because I often find that if I am working on something for too long I come to a dead end and can't come up with any other ideas. So now that I have come back to it, there are some considerations and extra ideas I need to take into account.

1. I think the contents page looks quite plain and bare because a lot of it is white, so I perhaps need to change the colour of part of the page (maybe the title? or just make the background a colour other than white).
2. The double page spread also looks slightly boring and perhaps not as "poppy" or bright as a double page spread from a pop magazine should do. The layout is fairly boring and again, there isn't a huge amount of colour, so this may be something else I need to change.

I am very happy with the interview I have created though because I think it addresses all of the topic areas that a professional pop magazine would, such as the relationships of the feature artist and her particular style. I have also made the interview so that there is information about how exactly she got into singing, and as you can see in previous posts I decided that my feature artist (Sally K) could have been a winner of a singing competition which is similar to The X-Factor. I chose to do this because The X-Factor mainly promotes pop acts and there is always a lot of reception to the show when there are especially young singers on there. So I thought this would help to stereotype pop culture.
I am also much more happy with my front cover than I was before when it had the grey bordering at the top rather than the purple bordering. I think the grey bordering gave it a kind of "newspaper-feel" which can often give off a boring vibe - especially to the target audience of a pop magazine who are young and are often much more interested in celebrities and pop culture than issues of the world. I am almost certain that the front cover I have now will go on to be my final front cover but I would like some feedback from my teachers and peers before I go on to decide that for definite. I just want them to make sure that I am definitely following a specific house style and that everything I have done is stereotypically "pop" and that I am going about following conventions in the right way.

No comments:

Post a Comment