Tuesday 29 March 2011

The housestyle of my magazine.

Within my magazine, I am keeping a certain house style throughout the front cover, contents page and double page spread as I am following the typical conventions of pop magazines. I will be showing my particular housestyle by having a strip of grey bordering at the top of each page, and by keeping the titles of the each page in the same font. The font that I am using for this is "Neon"; Groovy, taken from dafont.com. Other writing that I put on any of the pages will be typed in the font style Trebuchet MS.
I am also sticking to the colour scheme red, white, pink and grey, although this might be slightly different on the double page spread because the feature articles in most pop magazines have a different colour scheme to make the particular artist stand out from the rest of the magazine to get more publicity.
I will be using lots of doodles/small cartoon pictures to fill up any spaces on the pages of my magazine so that it looks really busy and full of fun. For example, I have used lots of love hearts on the front cover because the main statement on the front stage is, "We're just friends", so the love hearts link into this theme of romance. I have also used a lot of cartoon stars because the magazine is based on pop "stars", so there is a link here, and builds up the cheesy, poppy feel that I am aiming for the magazine to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment