Tuesday 22 March 2011

Front Cover and Double Page Spread Photoshoot

Today I will be doing my photoshoot for the main photo on the front cover of my magazine as well as all of the photos for my double page spread/feature article pages.

Costume and Props
- White school shirt (tied up at the front)
- Black mini skirt
- Purple tie
- Knee high grey/black socks
- White plimsolls
- Pink nail varnish
- Big set of headphones
- Microphone (if accessible)
- Pink pen with feathers/bobbly bits on the end

I want to create a school girl image in my photos because the pop star who is going to be featuring on my double page spread is a young girl, fresh out of school who has managed to break into the pop industry.
I am aim to have one photo of my model sitting at a desk with a note pad and the pink fluffy pen in front of her, elbows on the table, daydreaming, with a big set of headphones on her head. This will probably be used for the main photo on my double page spread. For my front cover picture, I want the background to be totally white (I will have to create this on a photo editor such as Picasso or Picnik) and I want my model to be bending forwards towards the camera whilst holding the headphones onto her head. I also want her facial expression to be quite serious and perhaps a little sultry. I suppose the photos will be slightly edgy, but the edginess will be brought down a bit due to the fact the model will be wearing school uniform. This is how pop magazines often construct their photo shoots. For example, in a recent edition of 'Top Of The Pops' magazine, there was a Justin Bieber feature article and photo shoot where he has a very serious expression in all of the photos, but he is carrying books and a basketball with vaguely connotes school life, although he did not have the school uniform on. The element of schooling will come across much more obviously in my photos. School seems to be quite a common semantic field in pop magazines because a lot of the new artists tend to be very young and just out of school, so I am keeping to these conventions in my magazine. It is the ideal kind of age to base my artist on anyway, because I spend my days around lots people who fall into this age category, so I have a wider knowledge of exactly what kind of experiences the artists would have been going through, and I can include this information in the interview that I create on my double page spread.

1 comment:

  1. Good. You are really pushing your ideas to the limit and exploring how you can make the pop genre relevant in what appears to be a dwindling market.

    ReplyDelete