Tuesday 8 March 2011

Possible titles for my magazine

As I am producing a pop magazine, I am quite convinced that the title of my magazine needs to be fairly cheesy and slightly cliche. Pop magazines (and almost every other type of magazine) tend to have titles which relate to their particular genre. For example, 'Top of the Pops' and 'Smash Hits'.

Here are a few title ideas I have come up with so far:
- Pop It!
- Hit Pop
- Music Now
- Chart Buster
- Tip Top Pop!
- No. 1
- Teen Pop
- Pop Tart!

If I struggle to decide on a name for my magazine, I could possibly set up another survey so that people can vote on their favourite title, or I could even set up a survey simply asking for possible titles, just to give me a broader range of choice. The title of a magazine is extremely important because it is one of the main factors which affects whether or not a person actually picks up the magazine. The title needs to be catchy, "poppy" and fun to ensure an excellent reception and a high level of consumption. The more people that buy the magazine, the further afield the magazine can be distributed as well as allowing more money to be put into the production and marketing of it.

1 comment:

  1. i like the way you have though about stretching your magazine widely and how your title will affect that. my personal opinion is that you should have 'Tip Top Pop!' as a title as it is catchy and sounds like a pure pop magazine all over, but subtle to the pop culture.
    my question is, if your magazine didn't sell as anticipated, would you blame it on your title, therefore be tempted to re-release it under a different name?

    ReplyDelete