Tuesday 8 March 2011

Ideas for photos and locations

Front Cover
I need lots of different images covering different topics on my front cover, so here are a few photos for ideas of the kind of thing I want to be shown, e.g. celebrity relationships, celebrity style.
For example, I will include this photo (or something similar) on my front cover because my target audience have stated that they are interested in finding out about celebrity relationships, and so this type of picture needs to be clear on the front page of the magazine.
I am also planning on taking some more photos showing a desired celebrity style, and I will add this to my front cover too.

Contents Page
The contents page needs to contain photos from further on in the magazine. So for example, there will be a photo of a celebrity and then the page number that the particular article can be found on will be listed below. I could use some of the photos I have used on the front cover, but I would prefer for all of the photos I use to be different because it makes the magazine look much more professional as a whole. I just want the contents page to give a clearer idea of what the magazine includes through the use of photographs, because this is often all that the readers look at, rather than the writing. To fill in any gaps on both the front cover and the contents page, I will be adding in doodle-resembling pictures such as love hearts, stars, flowers and swirls because these will link in with the kind of cheesy, poppy feel that the magazine needs to have.


Double Page Spread
Here are some very basic ideas for the photos for the double page spread of my magazine. I had the idea that the artist being featured in my article will be a young girl straight out of school that won a singing competition like 'The X Factor' and is featuring in her first feature interview/article. I had the idea that the photo shoot could take place in a classroom and the artist could be dressed in a school uniform which is styled to look cool (undone top button, tie hanging loosely, short skirt, knee high socks, little plimsolls). I want her to be standing on a table and singing into a microphone. This will be the main/largest picture on the double page spread. I have not yet decided on a model to play the part of the young, new artist, but I have a vague idea of what I want her to look like.


Thankfully, this is not the photo I will be using as I will not be modelling for my own magazine, but I want my model to be in the same kind of positioning (maybe a bit more confident looking and her body more open to the audience) whilst wearing a school uniform to show that she is fresh out of school and straight into the music business.


This is the type of setting/location I want my photoshoot to take place in. I think this type of environment will really relate to my target audience (young girls) because they are all still school students and by having a celebrity being a part of a photoshoot in a classroom, this gives the girls hope or maybe even faith that they too could be lucky enough to breakthrough and achieve exactly what they want to, just like my feature celebrity will have done.

Another photo I could have is a close up of the young star's face holding a pen and daydreaming while listening to head phones and looking longingly and hopefully at a poster advertising the singing competition that she eventually went on to win. Towards the end of the article, I would have a picture of her holding up her debut single with a huge grin on her face and looking very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment