Monday 28 February 2011

Media Survey/Questionnaire

I have produced a survey to hand out to ten girls who are in year 7 (the average age group of my target audience) to find out exactly what they look for in a magazine, or what they would want a pop magazine to contain.


I chose to make my questions quite detailed about specific things such as font and colour scheme because this helps me to gain an idea of what my target audience want the entire magazine to look like, rather than just the contents of it. It will now be easier for me to pick out the detail within the front cover, contents page and double page spread because I will take the idea/selection which gets the most positive feedback in response to my questionnaire.

Below are the results from my survey:


Colour scheme B consists of the colours red, white and pink, and so these are the main colours I am going to be using for my magazine. This will generally make the magazine look quite girly, which is perfect, because my target audience is girls.


There is a clear preference for Font C on this part of the questionnaire and so this is definately the font I will be using for the title of my magazine and also a lot of the headings within my magazine.

Within this part of my survey, there was not one feature box that was not ticked when I brought all of the 10 surveys together. This will allow me to pick up on all of these features within my magazine, although I'm not sure if I will include anything about male celebrity style because this was the least popular feature and now that my survey is complete, I'm not really sure if writing about male celebrity style would fit in with my magazine's conventions.


This was the type of result I expected to get, because as my previous blogs have addressed, pop magazines have recently declined, so I expected gossip and lifestyle to be the more popular option. My magazine will still only feature music artists, but it will be focused more on their lifestyles, fashions and relationships, rather than the music they are making.

1 comment:

  1. You have a great blog! I'll be sure to bookmark it and visit regularly, keep up the great work!

    http://www.surveytool.com/survey-questionnaire/

    ReplyDelete